There are times when you get bored of your blog/tumblr layout and figure it’d help to change things up. I love the minimalistic look of my blog but figured it could use some sprucing up and additional linking with some of my other social media outlets (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc). tumblr makes it easy with all the pre-made themes available at your fingertips, right?
The Downward Spiral of Editing Your Blog’s layout:
1. Hmmm…my blog layout looks good, but not THAT good. If I want to really bring my A game, I really should start adding things. It’s all about branding myself and incorporating all my social media outlets to help define that brand.
2. Thank goodness tumblr has all these pre-made themes. If I had to edit from scratch I don’t know where I’d start.
3. OMG SO MANY OPTIONS. WHAT TYPE OF THEME SPEAKS TO MY BRAND?! Glossy like a magazine? Vintage looks? Be adorable??
4. Wait, backtrack Eunice. You like clean layouts. Right! Need to go look at the minimalist section…
5. None of these themes have all the features I want!!! Every theme is missing something!
6. Hmm…this one looks good. Clean. But with all these extra features that I want. And anyways, I can probably just edit the theme with some code to personalize it to the way I want. That’s what Google is for right?
7. Google, you’re amazing. This layout is really starting to come together!
8. Ok, one last feature…saved! Let’s see how this looks. Wait, what. Why are all my comments, notes and reblog icons in the middle of my blog post? How come I can’t expand this post?
9. Wtf, why aren’t my tags showing up anymore? Let’s see…wait I put the code in. Why isn’t it working?! SHOW UP DAMNIT. ;SDFJAWOIEFJA;SLDKF
10. Find your old theme, and install it again. Ah, this looks so nice. Why did I ever want to change it?